NIV BIBLE SPEAKS TODAY WHITE CLOTH HB
Availability: In Stock
- ISBN 9781783596133
- Pub Date 01/01/2020
Listen to God speaking life by the Spirit for the world! The most popular modern English translation with study notes drawn from the million-selling Bible Speaks Today commentary series from IVP, and application questions for personal or group use...
Listen to God speaking life by the Spirit for the world! The most popular modern English translation with study notes drawn from the million-selling Bible Speaks Today commentary series from IVP, and application questions for personal or group use.
If you’re new to the Bible, the clear and helpful explanations will help draw you in to God’s word. If you are a Christian, you will find the NIV Bible Speaks Today useful for devotional reading and as a study Bible. It’s also great for helping small group leaders, teachers and preachers in preparing to explain and apply the Bible for others.
Be equipped to apply the Bible to your life and to today’s world. Features include:
· Complete text of the New International Version (British text)
· Over 2,300 notes extracted from the Bible Speaks Today series to explain and apply the Bible text
· Questions at the end of every note for personal or group use to help you understand and apply Biblical truths
· Outlines that give a brief overview of each Bible book
· Background and setting to provide the context to understand each book
· Themes and relevance to apply the Bible to the contemporary world
· Maps showing the locations of key Bible events
· Parallel passages cross-referenced to identical or similar passages
The Bible Speaks Today series was edited by Alec Moyter (Old Testament), John Stott (New Testament) and Derek Tidball (Bible themes), with contributors including Michael Green, Mary J Evans, Derek Kidner, Dick Lucas, Rosemary Nixon and many more.
About the editors
The original Bible Speaks Today Series Editors were John Stott (New Testament) and Alec Moyter (Old Testament)
For this Bible, the Old Testament Editor is Dr Debra Reid (BD, MA, PhD) of Spurgeon's College. The New Testament Editor is Professor Andrew Clarke of The School of Divinity, University of Aberdeen. The editorial team made up of experienced theologians, pastors and editors from the UK and the US.
The Managing Editor was Martin Manser, who has compiled or edited over 200 reference books, including Study Bibles and a revision of the eight-million word Matthew Henry Commentary.
Hardback: 1792 pages
Publisher: Inter-Varsity Press (19 Mar. 2020)